component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      36
      Sunday
      37 / 27
      Monday
      26 / 16
      Tuesday
      26 / 14

      Early Morning Attic Fire Caused by Electrical Malfunction

      Sioux City fire marshals have determined the cause of an early morning house fire.

      That fire broke out in the attic of a one-story house in the 2800 block of Second Street about 1:30 Tuesday morning, causing heavy damage to the roof and water damage to the rest of the home.

      The cause of that fire has been determined to be an electrical malfunction in the attic. Seven fire trucks and 17 firefighters were needed to put out the fire because of the hot and humid conditions. The two people in the home were able to get out safely. The home has been red-tagged by the city.
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER