76
      Saturday
      75 / 58
      Sunday
      81 / 53
      Monday
      82 / 60

      Fire Sets Leeds Homeowner's Garage Damaged; Leaves Total Loss

      The fire department responded to a garage fire shortly before 1 p.m. Friday afternoon.

      Authorities say three engines and two companies were dispatched to 3800 block of Jefferson Street in the Leeds neighborhood.
      Upon arrival, officials say the garage's roof quickly collapsed onto the main floor of the structure.
      The damage is being considered as a total loss, with both a motorcycle and car burned inside the garage.
      Sioux City Fire Marshal Mark Aseoph said this type of fire tends to move quickly. "The radiant heat from a fire this large will travel long distances. There was no direct flame contact between... to the other structure. It was just the radiant heat that actually did the damage," said Aseoph No one in the home was injured.
      Officials say no foul play is suspected at this time.

      If you have a story you want to tell or an incident you think needs to be investigated, our reporter Beairshelle Edmé wants to hear about it.

      BEdme@siouxlandnews.com

      facebook.com/beairshelle.edme OR twitter.com/BeairshelleKMEG
      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER