Sioux City House Fire Kills Three Pets
(SIOUX CITY, IA) - A Sioux City family is mourning the loss of their dog and two cats after their house caught on fire Wednesday.Firefighters got a call just after 4 p.m. Wednesday at the corner of 10th Street and Jones Street.Most of the fire was in the basement of the home, but crews were able to control the fire in about 25 minutes.
The fire department emphasizes the importance of checking your smoke alarms. "Just always want to remind residents to always check your smoke alarms. They do save lives. We just had Daylight Saving Time not too long ago. Just remind them to change your clock, go ahead and change your batteries in your smoke alarms," said Lt. Joe Rodriguez, Sioux City Deputy Fire Marshal.
There's smoke damage throughout the house. So the family can't live in it right now.