MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Family loses pet in fire

A family pet is dead after an electric stove fire this morning.

That fire broke out in the 1600 block of South Olive Street around 11 o'clock.

Firefighters hard to tear down a part of a wall near the kitchen where the fire started.

While the owners weren't home, their pet dog was.

Assistant Fire Chief Dan Cougill said, "Unfortunately we did have one animal fatality with their pet dog. Firefighters found the dog in the house, tried to perform CPR on it along with Siouxland Paramedics. Unfortunately we're not able to revive the dog."

The fire was caused by an electric stove that was turned on with combustible items on top of it.

The damage is so extensive that the house has been red- tagged.

Trending