MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

UPDATE: Morningside house fire caused by a cigarette

Residents and pets are safe after house fire in Morningside

UPDATE:

Wednesday night, Sioux City Fire Rescue responded to a structure fire at 3628 Green Ave.

Upon arrival, firefighters encountered smoke visible from a second-floor window of the two-story, single family home.

Two occupants were home at the time of the fire and were able to safely exit the home and call 911.

A total of 18 firefighters responded to this fire.

The home has been red-tagged by City Officials.

The cause of the fire was determined to be improper disposal of smoking materials.

The occupants of the home were alerted to the fire by working smoke alarms.

No injuries were reported.

Sioux City Fire Rescue would like to remind residents to check their smoke alarms to ensure they work in the event of a fire. Any Sioux City resident who would like a free SAFE Home inspection and FREE smoke alarms can contact Sioux City Fire Rescue at 279-6377.


Previous Story:

A home in the 3600 block of Green ave has been red tagged this evening after a fire caused significant damage to an upstairs bedroom.

That fire first reported just before 7:30 this evening.

All three people that were in the home at the time and their pets made it out without injuries.

No word yet on what sparked the fire.

Trending