A Morningside family saved from a small house fire by smoke alarms

A Morningside family saved from a small house fire by smoke alarms

Firefighters are crediting a Morningside family's smoke alarms with making sure they escaped a small fire in their home this morning.

That fire broke out just before 5:30 AM Tuesday morning at a home in the 51 hundred block of Lorraine Avenue in Sioux City, and the smoke alarms woke up the homeowners and got them out of the house.

Firefighters put out a small fire in the home's attic which they say was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet.

Nobody was injured and the home received some minor damage.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending