Burn Awareness Week

KMEGThumbnail

Seventeen-year-old Kelsay Parrott was blowing out a candle when the string on her sun dress caught on fire, causing painful burns on over 43% of her body.

Parrott was only four-years-old when the incident happened on May 13th, 2003. She spent a total of 53 days in the hospital and was in a coma for three weeks.

But in spite of facing these challenges, Parrott is speaking up and raising awareness for Burn Awareness Week.

"The shirts say 'Support Burn Survivors, I Do' and have an amazing quote on the back. But it's just a part of it because even if you're not a survivor and you buy this shirt you can walk around wearing it and if somebody who is a survivor but is hiding it inside or has a family member that is a survivor. Cause everybody knows somebody who has been touched by a burn survivor, even if they don't know it, there's somebody out there that knows somebody," says burn survivor Kelsay Parrott.

Parrott's selling t-shirts to help benefit Burn Survivors. If you'd like to help out Parrott you can visit this website. All funds go to the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending